Saturday, May 02, 2009

Seen on our workout this morning

 
The team met in Draper this morning. It was pouring rain and very windy. None of the full marathoners showed up, but we had a few training for the 1/2 so off we went for 8 miles on the Porter Rockwell trail. They were all walkers, and so the pace was relatively slow, but they did decide to do some run/walk intervals, which made it more interesting for me. We did the 8 miles in 1:48 or so, and we were pretty cold and wet by the end. My waterproof jacket kept my top dry, but I had decided not to wear my rain pants and regretted it; my legs were wet pretty quickly (though they didn't really get cold). My hands were quite cold and I decided I should have worn my gore-tex gloves. Next time, I guess.

We saw the deer along the way, and the one on the left jumped over the white fence, believe it or not - it got a little hung up on the top but made it over.

We were glad to get back to our cars and enjoy hot chocolate at the end. Though we were wet and cold, we enjoyed some great conversation and felt very virtuous afterward. Once I got home I downloaded the workout from my Garmin, and discovered I'd only been in my target training zone for easy days for 30 minutes. Sigh... too slow of a pace.

I plan to get out tomorrow and do a good long day at a harder pace, IF I feel up to it. Since getting home I've developed a really bad headache, which 800 mg of ibuprofen hasn't touched yet. I wonder if I have a cold coming on, as both kiddos have been a bit snotty over the past couple of days.
Posted by Picasa


More photos of our workout here

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I am commenting on this post, but I loved all of your photos.

ollie