Thursday, December 20, 2012

meltdown

I guess it was coming. I pushed a bit too hard...

I went to the track this morning. It was dark and 18F (-8C). My legs hurt before I even started. I did one lap in 2:50 (ughhhh! slow!) and it felt awful. I just couldn't see doing 10K even easy, never mind doing a 10K fartlek. I left.

I went home, changed into shorts under my outerwear, and went to the gym and did 40 min on the elliptical instead. That felt OK, but not great.

Then I took the kids to school, made a big salad for a holiday party at work, and drove to work. My stomach started feeling off even before I left the house. By the time I got to work I was so nauseated all I could do was lie on the ground...so there I was, on the tile floor in the lab. Finally I summoned strength to move to the couch in the break room, where I stayed for quite some time. I started to feel a bit better, and so I went back to the lab, told a co-worker about a couple things she could do for me, ordered a few essentials, and then left.

I got home about 11:30 am and went straight to bed. I didn't wake up until 2:45! I guess I needed the rest. I'm feeling better now - the nausea is gone and I ate dinner, and it went down OK. I guess I just melted down from overdoing it? I'm not 20 any more and sometimes I forget that, but I'm learning.

Hoping to do my scheduled 10K in the morning.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Maybe you had a bug. Glad you are feeling better.