Thursday, December 27, 2012

10K on indoor track

Ouch.

I'm very sore. I was sore before I started from yesterday's 3k fartlek, probably because it was slippery and I used slightly different muscles to keep control.

Now I'm even more sore, because I haven't worked out on the indoor track in a while (but had to today because we got 6" (15cm) of new snow) and that also uses muscles slightly differently - it's a small track (211m) so there are lots of corners. My right leg is particularly whiny about things. Add in the fact that it was hot in there and then later today I took Calvin to see "The Hobbit" and sat in the theater immobile for 3 hours, and now I am feeling really stiff.

Looking at my heart rate, it did get pretty high and stay up there, considering the pace wasn't that fast.

I did the 10K in 61:07 with ave HR 151.

Garmin data here.

No comments: