Friday, December 21, 2012

6.3K; snowshoeing

This morning I was supposed to do 10K with 2x5' bursts. Well...I got to about 3K and my legs were really quite tired. I decided that it was smarter to cut my losses and not do the full workout today in the interest of probably completing 20K tomorrow. So I just went around Liberty Park once and didn't go down 600E at all. I called it quits at 6.3K; legs were tired but not dead.

My average pace was 6:07/km with ave HR just 140. Garmin data here.

***

This afternoon the lab went snowshoeing for our holiday party :). I love having a boss who is active! We brought the kids (his and mine; the others don't have kids) and they had a blast - they "ambushed" us with snowballs and it was a hoot. We snowshoed uphill about 1 mile and the back down 1 mile or so (about 3.2km total). It was pretty easy pace-wise, and my legs are feeling good tonight. I hope the 20km goes all right tomorrow.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Nice. My department chair can whip my butt at running, and sometimes does.