Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12K

Nothing remarkable today, just 12K. Kelly and I were going to meet to do it together, but she wanted the extra time to study for her final today, so she decided to do it this afternoon after she flies to California. Good choice. It was very cold here this morning at 18F (-8C) with a slight breeze. My legs were very cold when I was done, and when I got in the shower they got tingly and red and then itchy! I've had that happen before on very cold days. I guess I should have worn my fleece pants over my tights.

Anyway, the workout went well. I did the first 10K pretty fast, in 59:45ish, and then my legs kind of died on the last 2km of slight uphill, finishing in 1:13:04 for 6:05/km with ave HR 148. I hope my legs recover well enough for tomorrow's 10K fartlek. It's supposed to be cold again, and I have to do it by myself, as Kelly will be gone until the 29th :(.

Garmin data here.

No comments: