Monday, July 30, 2012

12k

12K was on the agenda today. I felt decently recovered from the 1/2 marathon disaster after yesterday's rest day. Nothing was terribly sore, thankfully.

The weather was still warm. 73F (23C) and 46% humidity. Not that humid, but warm for sure. I started off fast and feeling great, but slowed a bit at 6km and felt a bit tired. I paused briefly at 6.6km to refill my water bottles and splashed some cool water all over from the fountain in Liberty Park. That felt great, and I was much rejuvenated. I continued on nice and fast after that and finished well. My legs felt good today.

Total time: 1:13:17 for 6:06/km with ave HR about 150. HR monitor was mostly behaving but it did spike a bit.

Garmin data here.

***

Tomorrow is 5x2km. Hope I'm up for it...nervous...

No comments: