Wednesday, July 25, 2012

10K

I took it easy this morning, and only pushed a little :). I am pretty sore from yesterday's race - abductors and right hamstring, and obliques. However, that didn't seem to slow me down much this morning.

The weather was noticeably cooler. It was 70F (21C) and still 60% humidity, but I swear that 3 degrees cooler than yesterday felt much better. I felt like I got a breath of cooler air now and then.

The walk went well - I didn't get tired and was able to keep pretty good pace. Total time 1:01:52 with ave HR 142. Used to be I'd do 1:05 with ave HR 140ish, and now look! Much better. I am obviously fitter than I used to be. Thanks, coach!

Garmin data here.

***

People: I saw baseball-cap-guy walking his dog, jacket and long pants guy, pajama stripe guy, Henry, and the 2 ladies who are always walking and talking. It's entertaining to see the same people day after day.

***

I think I forgot to post that on Sunday I rested, on Monday I cross-trained (elliptical) and did core work with Lisa.

Tomorrow I'll do another easy 10K, and Friday cross-training. Saturday I'm racing the Timpanogos Half Marathon with my friend Sarah :).

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.