Friday, July 20, 2012

recovering

I'm feeling SO much better now! This week of cross-training plus the 15K kickdown is just what I needed. I'm feeling much more normal - not tired, just feeling good again. It's a relief! Tomorrow I have 30K, but I feel rested and ready to go. It's a nice feeling. My coach was so right to change my schedule and get me "freshened up" as he says in Aussie-speak.

I did the elliptical today and yesterday, and finished a fluffy but entertaining crime novel. Now I'm reading a spy novel that is much better written. I do enjoy my elliptical time!

Hoping for good weather for the 30K tomorrow, but looks like it'll be warm. Though it's only forecast to get up to 93F today (34C), it's only supposed to get down to 75F (24C), which is pretty hot for 30K. Well, I'll just have to stay hydrated and see what I can do. Was thinking to do the Jordan River trail again, but I think it's not shaded enough for 75F. Will pick somewhere cooler, I think.

No comments: