Wednesday, May 16, 2012

video session in the park

I did 30 min on the elliptical this morning before work.

After work, I met Nancy at the park. She very kindly agreed to watch me walk, offer suggestions, and videotape me. I told Jim I'd do tomorrow's workout (3x1km @85% effort) today but that didn't happen - I got lost on the way to the park as I'd never been there before. Add in a lot of wind and very hot weather (86F...and I'm used to working out at 50F right now!), and it was not good. Nancy advised me to can the intervals and just warm-up well and then walk a bit for the video.

She did take video of the warm-up, and boy was it ever ugly. I'll have to fix that eventually (maybe my hip is tight, according to Jim), but for now if I warm up thoroughly it should be fine.

Then we took these videos. Jim says I am still leaning forward too much from the hips, and that I'm not tucking my butt under enough. I can see that on the video pretty clearly. It's not awful, but it could be improved and I'm sure that will help me use my glutes more and be faster. Of course, I also felt a bit odd today - even after the warm-up I just didn't feel that great. I'm not used to walking in the afternoon or in the heat and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Here's the ugly warm-up. Very embarrassing.

Here's the first clip once I was warmed-up. I'm legal, but it could look better.


The second clip:


The third clip: Sorry, technical difficulties...will try again tomorrow.

The fourth (and last) clip: Sorry, technical difficulties...will try again tomorrow.

And yes, Calvin can now officially run faster than I can racewalk! I'm proud of him!

And this one was just for fun...Nancy was egging me on, OK?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Thank you. :-)