Wednesday, May 09, 2012

12K

I was to do 12K this morning. I felt decent when I woke up, though my legs were a little sore as I stretched out while still lying in bed. I am not sure they were sore from racewalking! I wonder if the little jaunt up the hill to work on my bike made me sore, or if I'm a little sore from the track workout on Monday? I also did some figure skating on Sunday and last night, but that doesn't usually tax me at all. So I don't know why, but I was a bit sore.

What I do know is that the weather was glorious this morning at 48F (9C) and sunny and calm. I started off well and felt great until about 8.5km when the wheels totally fell off. I was at 8km in 48:11 (6:01/km) and then all of a sudden around 8.5km my legs just felt like sludge. I don't know how to explain it. They were just suddenly horribly tired and wouldn't move. I didn't feel awful or anything, but my legs were just tired, and though I had no problem finishing I was really slow. Going up the slight uphill from the park I could barely manage 3:18, 3:18 and 3:22.

Total: 12km in 1:13:52 for 6:09/km with ave HR 144.

Garmin data here.

***

Afterwards, I biked with the kids to school and then got ready for work and biked to work again. The weather is just too nice NOT to be outside. After work I plan to bike to get the kids and then we're going to do a little figure skating practice together.

No comments: