Wednesday, May 30, 2012

8K uphill

This morning I was to do 8K. I was a bit sore from yesterday's weight room stuff and the figure skating. I wasn't terribly sore this morning, though...but I am now (in the evening)!

Regardless, I was going to do the 8K. I had to end at the gym, though, to pick up the car. We had left one of the cars there because Loren couldn't drive home after spraining his right ankle last night at ice skating. The gym is considerably uphill from our house, and also not 8K away. So I started by going uphill to 1500 East and then over to SugarHouse Park and around the park. Then I came back up 15th East to Sunnyside, crossed over to Guardsman way and went to 500S and then back to the parking lot at the gym (about 700 south?). That was 8K. The net uphill was about 100m (a bit over 300ft), though there are also undulations along the way; it's quite a hilly route. I was pleased to finish in 51:25 for 6:25/km with average HR about 150. I thought that was pretty good for the hills.

I got in the car and drove home, and afterward I biked the kids to school and then biked uphill even farther to work. My glutes have been getting quite the workout lately!

Tomorrow is a little speed work to ease back into things. I think I'm ready to train again, but glad it's a short one.

Edited to add: Garmin data here.

No comments: