Friday, May 04, 2012

10K w/2x5' @15K pace

We have been having the best weather this spring. I'm loving it! It rained a bit last night but this morning it was clear and dry, with a temperature of 50F (10C). Lovely!

My legs were a bit tired from yesterday's track workout, but much better than they were on Tuesday, so that was a relief. I started off pretty fast on the gentle downhill, getting to 5K in just about 30 min exactly. I did one of my fast segments starting at 3km, and my first 500m was 2:51, which was right about where I wanted to be. The next fast segment started at 5K, after waiting for a traffic light. I was pretty fresh after the 2 min break, so I did a 2:44 on the slight downhill for that first 500m, which seemed about right.

The rest of my walk was a bit uninspired, as my legs were pretty tired by about 6 or 7 km. I had to shorten things up a tiny bit so I could get the kids to school (got up a little late so I was rushing!), and so I ended up only doing 9.76 km total. My time was 59:44 for 6:07/km with average heart rate of 144.

Garmin data here.

No comments: