Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5K and some biking

This morning I thought about going to the gym and doing the elliptical, but it was nice outside (52F or 11C) and clear so I went for a short walk. I decided to keep it to 5K and just ride my bike to work to get a bit more exercise.

I felt pretty good on the 5K; I worked quite hard on focusing on my technique and I think I was doing everything I was supposed to. It occurred to me that the "piano playing hands" Becky (chief judge on Sunday) told me about are a symptom of the problem. When I tucked my rear end under more, the piano playing hands were no longer so far in front of me. It's going to take a while to make this habit second nature.

I did the 5K in 6:03/km - 30:13 total; ave HR 144.

Garmin data here.

I'm typing badly enough that I think I need more sleep!

No comments: