Wednesday, March 14, 2012

feeling a bit better: 8K

I felt terrible yesterday. I woke up and fully intended to do my assigned 15K. I made it to 3.25K before realizing that it was just not going to happen. I just did not feel good at all. I quit racewalking and walked about 1K back home, and decided that I really didn't feel good enough to work a full day either. I debated calling in sick, but remembered that I had some fish that I had to finish genotyping because they'd been off the system for too long. Grrrrr. So I went in and did a few things, then left and took the kids to school, and went back to finish up.

I also called the doctor for an appointment to get a throat culture, since I've had a sore throat for so long. The throat culture was negative, so I left with Rx for rest. Bummer. I did rest for a good bit yesterday and I think it did help.

Garmin connect data for 4K yesterday

Today I felt pretty tired when my alarm went off, so I ignored it and the 10K that I was supposed to do. I went to work a bit early, right after dropping the kids off at school, and I brought my racewalking gear so that I could walk if I felt better later in the day. Turns out that after being at work a few hours, I perked up and felt like walking. I only had about 50 minutes to walk, but that was better than nothing.

My Garmin couldn't find the satellites right away (probably due to the tall buildings) and so I walked a while before it kicked in, adding probably 0.4-0.5km to my walking distance. I am not 100% sure of the total time, for the same reason, but it was a good walk today. Most of my 500s were 3:00-3:06, with the exception of one in the middle and the last two, which had uphills (and the first 500, during which the Garmin wasn't tracking yet). My average for the 500s where the Garmin was tracking, not including the last two (uphills) was 3:04.6, or about 6:09/km, so that is pretty good. I'm happy with that, and I know it wasn't 10K like I was supposed to do (with the 5' fast segments), but it was what I could do today given the circumstances.

Tomorrow I think I will be able to do the 10K fartlek that I've been assigned :) I hope :). I might be really slow, but hopefully I can do it.

Garmin connect data here for 8K today

No comments: