Monday, March 12, 2012

3x2K

Yesterday was a rest day. I didn't feel well at all (sore throat, fatigue) so I was glad for it and spent most of the day doing as little as possible, including a 2 hr nap. That didn't help me adjust to daylight savings time.

This morning I was supposed to do 3x2k/3x1k with 2' rest. I wasn't sure how it would go since I'd felt bad yesterday, but when I woke up I felt OK so I figured I'd give it a try. However, I woke up late because of daylight savings, etc., and all I had time to do was 3x2k. I decided that was better than nothing. I did a short warm up of 1200m w/strides; the weather was really nice - it was 42F (6C) and breezy but clear. So warm for a March morning!

The workout went better than I thought it might, given how I felt yesterday. I did 11:33.1, 11:29.3, and 11:27.8 for the 2Ks. I didn't feel great doing them, but each one was a little faster, and when I finished I was a bit disappointed I didn't have time for the 1Ks, because I felt that I could have finished the workout had I had more time. But maybe it's better that I didn't do it, as I'm still not feeling 100%.

Garmin connect data here.

***

I have to confess I felt really unmotivated this morning and wondered why I cared about doing the workout. I'm still glad I got out there and did it. While I was warming up I thought about things, and I know at least part of the problem is that my eating habits have been terribly out of whack lately and I've gained about 4lb (2kg) since the 50K. Add in being sick twice in February, my grandma dying, my dad being in the hospital, and the usual over-busyness of my life, and I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all. The place to start is with the one thing that I can control - the desserts. Time to cut back. It will make me feel better, and that is important right now.

No comments: