Monday, March 05, 2012

easy week

Thank goodness it's my easy week. I need it to recover.

Yesterday was an optional day but the weather was SO nice and warm - it made it to 56F (13C) and it seemed like the whole city was out enjoying the sun and the warmth. I was inwardly chuckling since my friend Nyle from New Zealand had just complained that it was "bloody cold" there at 12C :).

So, because the weather was great, I went for a nice bike ride up Emigration Canyon. It was awesome. I didn't go all the way to the top, just up past Ruth's Diner a bit and then turned around. I did just under 18km in 48 min; it's quite a hill so don't laugh at how slow I was!

Garmin connect data here if you want to see the elevation change.

***

Today I was to cross-train, and I overslept my alarm. No problem, I thought, I can just go while the kids are in Mad Science (a NASA program that they are doing on Mondays from 2:45-3:45). Well, I left work a little late, and then 25 min into my workout, Michelle called me on her teacher's phone and said she was hurt. She did not or could not explain what was wrong, so I left immediately and drove to her school from the gym. Turns out she was totally fine...she'd fallen and bruised her elbow. Oh well...so much for my workout. At least I did something.

No comments: