Saturday, March 10, 2012

10K

I actually felt good today on my walk! Yay! I'm still coughing a little bit, but mostly I feel decent. I did hack and cough some on the walk this morning, but it wasn't too bad.

The weather was pretty decent; 28F (-2C) and clear and calm. We're going into a warming trend this week and will maybe have some nice spring weather! We had a very mild winter and for that I'm thankful. Hopefully spring will be mild as well.

I started off pretty quickly, feeling good, and made it to 5K in about 30:30. The first 5K is a slight downhill and the 2nd a slight uphill, and so I was pleased to do the 2nd 5K in 31:07 for a total of 1:01:37 for the 10K. My average HR was in the upper 140s but I'm not sure what it was because my HR monitor went a bit nuts at the end of the walk. This HR monitor isn't as good as my previous one that came with the Forerunner 305; it's more comfortable to wear but it has issues if you don't rinse out the chest strap frequently, and even then it still sometimes doesn't work so well.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: