Tuesday, March 20, 2012

~12K

This morning 20K was on the schedule; however, I knew that Jim would not want me to go that far. I figured he'd want 15K or so, and I would have done that but 1) I got up late and was in a rush, and 2) my legs were definitely not up for 15K after the skiing and the track workout.

The weather was chilly, at 31F (-1C) but at least it wasn't windy. It had snowed a bit last night but the snow was mostly on the grass, cars, etc. and not so much on the roads or sidewalks, as they held the heat from the day longer.

I did make it through the 15K in OK shape though. My legs were definitely heavy, and unlike yesterday where just my quads and calves were sore, today my quads, calves AND my glutes and hamstrings were sore. Sore does not keep one from walking, but it does tend to slow one down. I knew it would be a tough one, but it really wasn't that awful. I was tired for sure, and it's not like it felt great, but it wasn't a death march either.

I ended up having to do just under 12K because I had to get the kids to school. Total: 11.65 km in 1:15:39 for 6:30/km with a low average HR of 139 (because my legs were the limiting factor today, not my lungs!).

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: