Wednesday, March 07, 2012

cross-training

Today was a cross-training day, which I enjoyed. I intended to do an hour on the elliptical, but the kids and my residual illness conspired to cause me to sleep in a bit later and then get delayed getting to the gym. So, I only managed 35 min. However, I did crank out 7:02/mile pace, which is pretty close to my normal pace when I'm not ill, so that was encouraging. Lately I've been much slower on the elliptical!

Tomorrow I have a 4x2km track workout, so I truly hope I'm really feeling better. I'd like to nail it!

***

We are taking another session of figure skating. I'm in adult level 4 now, and I was working on 3-turns last night. I fell twice, but I practiced more this afternoon and I think I'm starting to get them. The kids are both doing well - Calvin is in Basic 2, and Michelle is in Basic 1. Loren is taking Hockey 1!

***

Just for fun - spring is trying to poke its way through the snow:

No comments: