Friday, March 09, 2012

cross-training

I am feeling better yet. I am close to feeling 100% again; I have a slight residual cough and hoarseness but it's barely noticeable now, unlike earlier in the week when I sounded like a frog :).

Today I did 7.54 miles on the elliptical in 55 minutes, which is a bit slower than usual, but I felt good. I have 10K tomorrow, which will be a better test of my health. I'm glad this was an easy week so that I could rest a bit and be ready for next week - it's a tough one with intervals Monday, 15K Tuesday, 10K w/5' fast segments Wednesday, 10K fartlek Thursday (I think ...this is from memory), cross-train Friday and 25K on Saturday. Whew.

***

Tonight - birthday dinner with my husband :) and a movie - John Carter of Mars. I read the books as a kid and LOVED them so I can't wait to see it on the IMAX in 3D!

No comments: