Saturday, August 27, 2011

trail run/hike with Calvin

Today I was supposed to cross-train. Calvin and I did a 50-minute trail run/hike together. We ran a good part of the way; unfortunately, my Garmin was not acquiring satellites (yet again...) so I have no GPS data and don't know how far we went. That's OK. We had fun anyway! I hope to do this weekly with him. We did it last week, and we'll do it next week too if possible.

I did buy a new GPS watch (a Forerunner 210) so hopefully I'll be OK for my 32K tomorrow. I tested it out and it seems to be working, and I think I know how to operate it well enough for tomorrow's walk. It's pretty simple, actually, compared with my 305. The 305 allows for more complex training, but frankly, I didn't use all those features anyway (like the virtual training partner, etc.) and I think the 210 will be more than adequate for my needs.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: