Wednesday, August 31, 2011

slow 20K

I was to do 20K today. My legs were tired. It was warm (72F, 22C and 60% humidity). I was slow.

I knew by 5K that this was going to be a bad day. By 7.5K I was wondering how I was going to do 20K. But I just kept on going, and was very slow, and my legs hurt a lot. I finished. That's about all I can say about this. I really struggled today. It was not my heart rate - that was relatively low. My legs were just so tired and heavy, and I felt terrible. It was ugly, and it hurt. I hope after a cross-training day tomorrow that I will feel better.

My friend David must have read my mind, because about 10km he sent me a text that read, "Tough times never last tough people do that's why you're an awesome athlete XOX." Nice. It did help keep me going though it didn't make it any less tough!

The workout is on two watches because I gave my old 305 one last chance, after a hard reset. About 400m in, it lost the satellite signal. Grrrrr. So I switched to the new watch and did the other 19.6K on that one.

First watch 0.44km in 2:41.
Second watch 19.60km in 2:09:11 for 6:35/km with ave HR 140.

Garmin connect is down so the link here is for the Plus 3 Network instead.

No comments: