Thursday, August 18, 2011

10K with 2x10' @20K pace

I got up early this morning. REALLY early. 4:00, to be precise.

I was out the door by 4:15 am so that I could do 10K before going to the airport for our flight to Seattle. Calvin and I are here for the weekend to visit with the extended family (my mom's family). Tomorrow will be the internment of my grandpa's ashes at the cemetery here, complete with 21-gun salute, etc. He died in April, but this was the best time for everyone to be here for the ceremony. My grandpa was a WWII veteran and will be laid to rest in the Tahoma National Cemetery, alongside my grandma (who passed away in 2003).

Anyway, back to my walk. It was nice outside (I actually didn't look at the temps but guessing mid-60s) and though it was dark, the moonlight was pretty nice to walk by. I wore my reflective vest for only the second time since May; the other time was earlier this week as it's getting light later and later.

I felt pretty good today but am definitely sore from the past two days of walking. My hamstrings and glutes are all complaining. Still, I had no problem completing the two 10-minute sections at 20K pace. The only thing bothering me is my left foot. Yup. It's starting to niggle at me just a little bit. I am being very careful about my technique, but I guess this is just one of those injuries that is going to bother me on and off when I do more miles. It's not actually hurting, but I'm noticing that something is not 100%.

The first 10-min fast section I had 500m splits of 2:55, 2:57, and 2:56. The second one was a bit tougher, as usual for this workout, but still not hard persay. My splits were 2:54, 3:01, and 2:56.

Total time: 1:02:13, ave pace 6:13/km, ave HR 144.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: