Sunday, April 17, 2011

rest day; some more race notes

Today I took a rest day. I was supposed to cross-train, but was a bit overly busy practicing the organ before & after church (Easter is next Sunday...busy time...) and then taking a nap and attending book club. I needed the nap because I was still so psyched about yesterday's race that I had a bit of trouble sleeping :).

So, tomorrow was an optional day so I'll just switch and cross-train tomorrow instead. That should work!

***

More race notes: My chip time was just posted on the website. It was 2:07:31, 6 seconds faster than Garmin time. Nice! So now that is my official 1/2 marathon PR! Here are the race results. I was 32/236 in the Athena (women >140 lb) division vs. runners! Not too bad! I was 2053/4444 runners (male and female) and 975/2715 female runners. My pace was 9:44/mile or 6:02/km. That's almost a minute per mile faster than my first 1/2 marathon, which I finished in a 10:43 pace back in 2007. Ah, now if I could only continue improving 1 minute per mile every 4 years, I'd be really good ;)!

Also, in my tired, math-impaired state after the race (dunno why, but I cannot do math well during or immediately after a race - the brain just does NOT function that well for some reason) I said that my PR was a 2.5 minute PR. Um, no, actually it was a 3.5 minute PR - even better! I'm embarrassed that I couldn't subtract any better. I did get As in calculus way back when and I swear I am not math-impaired normally. Oh well.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Losing one's math ability with fatigue is quite common; it happens to me too. You are excused. :-)