Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pilates, tired 10K, weights

I did Pilates last night. Greta, the challenging instructor, was back :). It was hard. We did a lot of bridgework and plank work, and it was a great workout.

***

This morning I was really tired. The weather was fine (34F, 1C, partly sunny (only the sun wasn't up yet!), slight breeze) but I wasn't. I was to do 10K with 2x7' segments @ 20K pace, which is 6:00/km if I want to do 2 hr for 20K in July, which I do! I did fine for the 20K pace segments - right on 3:00 for all my 500s, but I was just really tired with heavy legs today, and at the end I just didn't care any more. Going up the slight hill home I pulled a 3:32 and even a 3:40 for 500s. Ugh!!!!!! I wasn't pushing hard, and really was just TIRED, so I figured it would be OK. The important thing was to get it done and to do my 7' fast segments at the right pace. I think.

Total time 1:04:13 for 6:25/km with ave HR 146. Garmin connect data here.

***

I debated going to the gym after that, but decided I ought to at least do some foot PT exercises, so I went. I did 1) calf raises (one-legged, body weight)/balance on dyna disc & bounce ball (3 sets 15 calf, 30 sec balance); 2) chest fly w/20 lb dumbbells each arm/military press 12 lb ea arm balancing on dyna disc w/one foot, alternating feet (did 3x8 each foot so 3x16 presses!); 3) lat pull-down (70 lb machine)/hip abductor machine (80 lb 2 sets, 90 lb 1 set).

I'm glad I went. It was short, but a good set of PT stuff to keep my foot and IT bands happy.

Now what I really need is a good night's sleep. Unfortunately I have an experiment at work that will require me to be there at 5 am tomorrow :(. Oh well...

No comments: