Wednesday, April 06, 2011

cross-training

Because my foot is hurting, I did some cross-training. I got up a bit late (was in the lab until 11 pm last night...ugh ugh ugh!) AND was talking to my coach about my injury so I only managed 30 min on the stationary bike.

Then I did some foot PT/weight training. 3 sets of balance on dyna disk w/bouncing ball/bench press (dumbbells 30 lb ea arm); calf raises/rowing (70 lb, machine); lunges on dyna disk/lateral raises (10 lb ea arm) then ran out of time and did core exercises with Lisa. We traded some Pilates moves - she found some on video, and I taught her some from class.

Depending on how my foot feels, I *might* try to do a little treadmill later. Why treadmill? 1) can do w/the kids up and about; 2) can get off any time if my foot hurts at all. If it hurts at work, I won't even try though. We'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed tightly for no foot pain.

malvs2walk said...

hope this clears up quickly, Tammy!

Nyle said...

I hope you have managed a pain free day. Take it easy though and I really do hope you get to enjoy a short painfree walk on the treadmill.