Saturday, April 30, 2011

cross-training

First, a huge congratulations to my friends Erin Taylor-Talcott and Dave Talcott on their Penn Relays performances. Erin got a new PR in the 5K with a 23:57, and Dave qualified for 20K nationals at age 51 (!wow!) with a flying fast 10K of 48:17. Awesome! I'm so excited for both of them, and for my coach, since they are his athletes as well.

***

I did a more mundane workout this morning - just 45 min on the elliptical. However, it was pretty fast - 6 miles in 45:23. Not too bad at all. Makes me wonder how fast I could run, but I'm not going to find out anytime soon. My running form sucks and I always hurt my IT bands when I run, so that is right out for now.

After that I had fun driving my relatives to all the tourist stuff in SLC all day. It was good, and I've got lots of photos. Will post later. I'm tired and have 20K in the morning!

No comments: