Monday, April 04, 2011

Cross-training

Today was a cross-training day. I went to the usual Monday morning spinning class from 6-7am. I was 5 minutes late because I had trouble getting out of bed :( but other than that, it was fine. The workout was challenging, as usual. We did two sets of 20 sec high cadence, 10 sec recovery (repeat for 4-6 minutes) and two sets of hill climbs (cadence about 70, gradually increasing resistance). It was a good interval workout and I felt I worked pretty hard.

After that I lifted weights with Lisa. I did 3 sets each of chest fly machine (70lb x 12)/lunges on dyna disk (15 ea side); calf raises (15 ea side, one-legged, body weight)/military press (20 lb ea arm x 12); hip abductor machine (80lb ea side x 12)/lat pull-downs (70lb x 12) and then ran out of time. Then we did core work: ball crunches, oblique crunches, V-sits, rows, and pulling up to pike position with feet on ball (tough!).

No comments: