Tuesday, April 19, 2011

10K

I was hoping for a 10K like on Saturday :). That was too much to hope for! Seriously, I did a relatively flat route today (not the downhill of Saturday's race), and I took it a bit easier. In addition, I think my legs are still a little tired. They felt pretty good when I started, but around 7-8K, they were tired, and that was not surprising. I'm glad this is an easier training week. I just have 5x800 tomorrow; however, Jim did throw in a really hard workout (10K fartlek) for Friday. By then I should be recovered enough to give it a good shot, though.

The weather has been so snowy and rainy this month. We're having flooding problems already and the snow hasn't begun to melt in earnest in the mountains. It rained all day yesterday - about an inch total, which is 1/15 of our normal yearly precipitation! The weather said there would be showers this morning. I was hoping I might avoid them, and I got lucky :). It was 40F (4C) and overcast, with a slight breeze and no rain. The roads were wet, so my feet got a bit wet, but no big deal.

I started off nice & fast on the downhill to Liberty Park, but then slowed a bit. Still, I reached 5K in 30:31 - very good! I knew I wouldn't hold that pace, because the last half would be flat/slight uphill, and I didn't. Still, it was a nice fast workout. I finished in 1:02:14 for an average of 6:13/km with an average HR of 148.

Funny slogan on the side of a van - advertising carpet cleaning in Spanish, "Labados alfombras". It should say "Lavados"...spelling mistakes abound, apparently, no matter what language you speak. Oops!

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: