Thursday, April 28, 2011

14K

The weather was great today; 42F (6C) and clear with a slight breeze. It was actually LIGHT outside when I STARTED my walk! Wow! I could see my watch w/o the backlight! Nice!

My walk was as great as the weather. I started off fast and really held the speed until the uphill at the end. Got to 5K in 30:23 and 10K in a very fast 1:01:38 (2nd 5K in 31:15). The last 4K was not so fast in 25:42, but it did include the slight uphill and I was a bit tired at the end and didn't push it. Total time 1:27:20 for 14K for 6:14/km with ave HR 149. I felt good and strong until the very end, and even then I wasn't that tired. It was gorgeous out and I enjoyed the spring tulips, flowering trees, and sunshine. It's supposed to turn nasty again (snow...sigh) so I figured I'd better appreciate the good weather.

Edited to add: I didn't have the satellite on my Garmin for the first 1.05km so that's why the first 500m split is so long :), and why the total workout is 12.95 km.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: