Friday, April 15, 2011

cross-training

Today was extremely, crazily busy. I was in the lab before 6 am getting together things I needed to give a presentation on zebrafish to Calvin's kindergarten class. Then I made it to the gym to squeeze in just 30 min on the bike before I had to get home, shower, and get Calvin, myself, and the stuff (including a microscope and some fish embryos) to his school. The presentation and activities I had for the kids took from 8:15-9:30, and then I drove to work to return the (much-needed) microscope. I had to make it back home by 10 to teach 2 piano lessons, and then drove back to work to do about 30 min worth of work before picking up the kids, eating a quick lunch, and taking Michelle to Kindergarten orientation. Whew. This is the first chance I've had to sit down.

So yeah, I just did 30 min on the bike. Perhaps later I'll fit in some Pilates. I think it's good that I'm taking it easy today - my foot is a bit sore from the week, and needs rest. I have the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon tomorrow morning, and the weather is actually looking nice for that - 46 for a low, but 64 for the high. Hmmmm, might have to break out the shorts? We'll see. I'm supposed to do the race at just 85% effort, since I'm not ready for an all-out 1/2 marathon yet, and also this is not a big goal race so I want to save energy for the workouts this week.

Now for a nap before taking the kids to a birthday party!

No comments: