Thursday, April 29, 2010

someone please turn off the snow!!!!!





Yes, I know it always snows in April in Salt Lake City. But it's almost May. It's time for this madness to STOP!!! These are photos from this morning's walk. Later, when I walked in to work from the parking lot, it was snowing very hard and blowing in my face. UGH!

On the other hand, it was very beautiful for my walk this morning. Snowing lightly, and COLD, at 34F (1.1C), but beautiful. I was to do 8K easy, so I walked to SugarHouse Park and did the park loop 2x before heading back, for a total of 8.04 km in 54:59, 6:50/km (11:00/mile).

My foot has been great this week! Of course, it's been an easy recovery week after the hard training of the last 3 weeks. Next week will be a real test for the foot, with the hardest series of workouts yet. I'm gearing up mentally to do them. One at a time...just take it one at a time.

Tomorrow, cross-training. Saturday: club 5K race. Sunday: easy 20K. FUN!

In March my total mileage was 58 miles, and since I am not RW tomorrow, I can report that my total mileage for April is 127. Dramatic increase, and yet my foot feels good. I am very grateful!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Pretty to look at; yucky to walk in.

I am glad that you are recovering.