Monday, April 19, 2010

A couple easy days

Sunday I went for a swim at the Master's workout at Steiner from 11:30-12:30. It was a very technical workout with lots of drills and not too much on the endurance end, which was perfect for the day after a 1/2 marathon. I did do several 50-yd intervals in only 45s :) which is fast for me, and so I was pleased.

Today I was to do an easy 10K, and I felt pretty darn good. I felt like I was going fast, but I wasn't particularly speedy, finishing in just over 1:08. I was glad to be feeling good, and my foot didn't hurt, so it was perfect. After my 10K, I went to weight training, and did a bunch of exercises my coach recommended, both for core and also for glutes/hamstrings/etc. I liked a lot of them but too tired to list them now. Need some rest. I've had swollen lymph nodes under my chin yesterday & today and am feeling draggy, so I guess I'm fighting something off.

I've been a little sore after the race; nothing too bad, but noticeable. My trapezoids (top of shoulder) are the most sore --- weird, but you never know what is going to hurt, and I haven't gone 13.1 in a while, so it's not surprising. The most noticeable thing is that my foot is NOT sore at all. Yay!

This morning after weight training I went to the podiatrist and had my orthotics adjusted so they don't rub my L foot any more. Hopefully that will do the trick.

This afternoon I had a physical therapy appointment, which went well. The PT is very pleased with my progress - last week was virtually pain-free, and though he thought my doing the 1/2 marathon was a bit risky, he was glad that I didn't have pain and felt that was indicative of my progress. He said if things keep looking good for a few more weeks then maybe I can stop visiting them so often, if at all :). That would be helpful from both a time and money standpoint, as each visit is a $30 copay. Ouch. AND I have to find a sitter. Thankfully, my parents watched the kids today and can probably do it the next couple of weeks.

Way tired and I am supposed to do 3x2k at 85% tomorrow. Off to bed. Hoping I will wake up feeling up to a hard workout.

No comments: