Thursday, April 01, 2010

easy 10K

I feel amazing. I never feel like this after a swim. I'm glad I got to do an easy 10K this morning!!!

It was cold (32F, 0C) and snowing lightly. The footing was still pretty good in most places, though slick in areas. I was sure I'd be slow because of that, but I didn't care. After about a mile, my foot felt slightly achy, so I thought about turning around. I'm so glad I didn't! Maybe it was the endorphins, but the foot started to feel better soon, and it was a winter wonderland out there. Gorgeous. The snowflakes in my face and the wet feet were somewhat annoying, but did not dampen my enthusiasm. I felt so alive out there this morning, so smooth, and wonderful.

I am now icing my foot while eating breakfast, and then it's off to work. The foot feels totally fine, but I figured some ice was probably in order, since it seems to hurt after the fact rather than during activity. I will try to ice again at lunch and maybe once this afternoon too while I'm at work, if I get a chance to sit down (being on my feet a lot at work is probably not helping this whole thing).

Time for my workout? A surprising 67:20 for the 10K, one minute faster than Sunday, and ave HR was 139 (lower than Sunday I believe). Some days are just good days.

More snow photos here - they are great, so check them out.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Yayyyyy! And a faster time, too! Some days are just good. Maybe the snow was a good luck charm! Glad you are feeling so good.