Friday, April 09, 2010

no foot pain :)

My foot didn't hurt at all today :).

I did an easy 8k racewalking, which for some reason did not feel easy, despite the x-training yesterday. Muscles felt sore and tired, but it was still so great to be out there. I did the 8k in a little over 55 min; my Garmin said 6:58/km which is maybe 11:10/mile. That's pretty darn slow, but oh well. At least my foot didn't hurt!

I then went to weight training and did a LOT of core work plus my PT exercises. I felt virtuous for doing all of that :).

Tomorrow? A hard 5K fartlek is on the agenda. I hope my foot is up to it. I've had a few setbacks since starting my hard training almost 2 weeks ago, but overall things are going well I think. It's 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, which seems to be typical for recovery from injury. I'm learning this the hard way, having been injured a lot in the last year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! ;0)