Friday, January 29, 2010

workout/podiatrist

This morning I enjoyed a 30 minute ride on the stationary bike. Yes, I am becoming happier about the bike, mostly because I've been riding the video bikes at the gym - they have scenery, hills, and gears that you have to use. Pretty entertaining, actually - next best thing to riding outside. Unfortunately, the gym only has 2 of them - and one was broken this morning :(. But at least I could ride the other one.

Then I had time for 15 minutes on the elliptical before I had to head over to work to pull out some plates from the incubator (yay! my experiment looks like it worked! I have colonies!) and then to my weight training class. Did some great lifting: bench press (85 lb), squat machine (180 lb), pull-up assist (60 lb assist; did 3 sets of 8 reps - working for that elusive pull-up someday), leg extensions, abductor and adductor cable pulls, lateral raises, and a good set of abs, including a 90-second plank. It all felt great.

***

Off to the podiatrist this morning at 9:00 am to get my new orthotics. I like them so far (after wearing them most of the day, since they felt fine - he said to wear them as long as they feel comfortable each day). They are a hard plastic, offering more support than my previous orthotics. They are not full-length like my previous pair. Hopefully they will help ease the pressure on my sesamoids. We'll see. I see him again in 2 weeks to get a plan to return to racewalking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you! :0)