Monday, January 04, 2010

Hard day

It's been a rough day in more than one way. Before I even knew Copper was sick, it wasn't good.

Sunday night I popped on the treadmill and did 1.77 miles with the Wii Fit Plus on the running mode. It actually worked pretty well, and I was having a good time, until my foot started aching in the plantar fascia behind my big toe joint. Not good. It may be unrelated to my earlier problem...but seems to me it's more likely that it is connected. Especially because I had this same Charley-horse type pain as my first symptom back in August. Ugh. I had a twinge on my walk Sunday morning around Sugar House Park (which I forgot to blog about - a walk with Copper, nice and speedy, and felt good except for that small twinge in the muscles), too, but the pain Sunday night was worse. I took some anti-inflammatories right away and this morning I did the bike & elliptical and did not RW at all on it. I was already feeling lousy at the gym - felt pretty sorry for myself with the foot problem cropping up again despite all the rest and the care I have exercised in returning to RW.

I decided to call the doc today and try and get in to see her soon, but with Copper getting sick and a rushed vet visit, etc., it just didn't happen. I guess I'll call tomorrow, but I'm working all day and will probably be so busy I'll forget or something.

I'm feeling a bit down, I must confess. Between my foot and the dog, it's been a hard day.

Oh, and now TCU lost to Boise State. Bummer. Was hoping they'd win big and make the MWC look good. Oh well. Icing on the cake of a crappy day.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Injury comebacks are tricky things; I've never had one go completely smoothly. My current one isn't going smoothly either. We'll both get through it, even if we get pruney skin from swimming too much in the process. :-)

ollie

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

I am sorry. I understand how that feels, injuries can get really discouraging especially after you work so hard to prevent them. It is ok to feel down about it. you have worked so hard to get better. I wish you speedy healing and recovery.