Saturday, January 09, 2010

quick update

Racewalking: Managed 1 mile pain-free on treadmill yesterday; then did elliptical and bike for the rest of the 65 min I'd planned. Oddly enough, had pain while doing recumbent bike. Actually, it's not pain so much as a crampy feeling in the plantar fascia in my L foot. Maybe the RW got it going? Or maybe not. Today I threw caution to the wind because I am sick of tiptoeing around this injury. I RW 3 miles on the treadmill at 5.5 mph (10:54/mile). It felt totally fine, and still does despite walking around on it a lot today (we later took the kids to the awesome museum of ancient life at Thanksgiving Point). AND I did 30 min on the bike after RW. Go figure. I'm not sure why it's feeling better, but I'll take it. I'm still going to the doc on Tuesday to try and sort it all out; I'm sure it will continue to be a problem for a while.

***

Copper: We got the pathology report. It's a malignant fibrosarcoma. Median life expectancy is 4 months, and at 12 months there is an 80-100% mortality rate. :( :( :(.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

I am sorry about the pathology report. My best friend had to have a couple of her cats killed for humane reasons and it was tough on her.

Steve said...

Oh so sorry to hear about Copper. I just hate it when poor defenseless creatures have these things happen to them.

Im glad to hear that you;re on the mend with your racewalking. I know how important it can be.

Lantis Lani said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Copper. At least you have a few more months to focus on quality time. I know how hard it is to face the impending loss of a beloved pet. You have my sympathy.