Sunday, January 31, 2010

new swimsuits

I got a couple new swimsuits. My old one was rather saggy from chlorine damage, and that was (literally!) a drag!

I debated whether I should upload these photos (3 more linked), given the weirdos out there. However, if one is looking for something salacious, there are a lot better photos to choose from, honestly. And a lot better bodies to look at!

I was also debating because I'm still pretty body-conscious. I mean, I know I look pretty good for losing 100 lbs, but still, there are things that are never going to be great because I allowed myself to get so big. Even if I lost another 20 lbs (which would probably not be healthy!) I'd have loose skin and cellulite on my hips and legs unless I got surgery (which I am NOT going to do).

In the end, I decided that it just doesn't matter. This is who I am, and I'm proud of the fact that I have lost the weight and kept it off. In fact, it will be 5 years this Friday since I joined Weight Watchers and started this journey. So, this is for ALL of you out there who are on the journey. Be confident in where you are and who you are, and know that you can do it!

Oh, and I really DID want to show off the new swimsuits. I like them a lot, and they are 100% polyester so they are supposed to last longer in the pool. I got them for about $59 total including shipping (for BOTH suits) from www.swimoutlet.com. Great site & good stuff. My sister-in-law (a VERY good swimmer) recommended the site to me.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

"I debated whether I should upload these photos (3 more linked), given the weirdos out there. "

Hey!!!!

:-)

Seriously, I wear the chlorine resistant stuff too; they DO last longer. However our university pool is a "salt" (chlorine free) pool. And yes, you look good in your suits.

ollie

Nyle said...

Wow tammy, you look great!! in fact I would say you look gorgeous. You should be very very proud of your self and yes it is scary putting up photos like that on here but I applaud you for it.

Oh and the togs look great too. :0)