Thursday, January 07, 2010

feeling down

This morning was ugly. I felt so lousy (mood) that I just stayed in bed, and skipped my workout entirely. That was probably a good thing from the standpoint of recovery for my foot, so I guess it could be worse. However, that did not benefit my mood at all. I felt rotten from the time I awoke until about 10:30 am. Getting some stuff done at work helped lift the dark clouds, and I'm feeling all right now, but not great. I haven't had a mood this black in quite some time. I'm a little concerned, but hopefully it's only temporary. And, there are lots of reasons for me to feel down, so it's understandable. Foot injury, weight gain (about 149-150 right now) and Copper's illness top the list, though there are some minor things going on as well. Anyway, I'm hoping that a good night's sleep and some exercise in the morning will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy,

The emotions you're experiencing are somewhat to be expected. Try googling "athletes injury psychology" and you'll see that you're not alone...not sure that makes it easier...but among the many articles you may find some that you identify with and can find some useful ideas on how to deal with the situation.

As you know, you've worked so hard to accomplish so much over the past 5 years...don't let yourself get lost again now...hang in there and know that so many others have taken inspiration from you. You're a strong person, you'll come through this and you'll soar again.

Best of luck in the New Year with finding a path out of the darkness you're in!

Kale said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so down! Hang in there and know that you are loved and prayed for.