Saturday, January 02, 2010

overslept!

I overslept today, until 7:05 am. That never happens to me, so I guess I really needed the sleep. Plan was to get up at 5:30, hit the gym at 6:00, and go to my 8:00 Weight Watchers meeting. Oops. Instead I just went to the gym.

At the recommendation of my friend Gordon I tried the Expresso stationary bikes. It was a lot more fun than the regular bikes. I tried a "challenging" course called Sleepy Hollow, after warming up on a much easier course. The challenging course took about 30 min, and there was a pacer I had to try to stay with the whole time. It kept my HR about 150, and I was really sweating. It lived up to its name, and I was pretty glad when I finished the course. I did stay with the pacer, and I liked watching the other bikers & the fake scenery. It was fairly entertaining for an indoor cycling course, and definitely worked me harder than the regular stationary bike.

I followed the biking up with about 30 min on the elliptical. Home now and plotting my day. I think we might take the kiddos ice skating :). Could be fun!

1 comment:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

These are awesome aren't they. Way better than the stationary bike. I get a much better workout on these. Have fun ice skating with the kiddo's.