Monday, January 04, 2010

Copper

 Copper is very sick :(. She didn't eat last night, and this morning she not only wouldn't eat, but she also wouldn't move. At all. We were alarmed and took her to the vet. First I had to carry her up the stairs and then Loren carried her out to the car. The vet checked her over and found that she had blood in her abdomen. Not good. He recommended surgery, because though some of the items on the differential diagnosis were terminal diagnoses, some weren't. We opted for the surgery. He found a 2-lb tumor on her spleen, and no metastases. He removed the spleen and the tumor, and sent the tumor to pathology. We'll get the report on Friday. It will be a long wait, as Copper is a wonderful dog and we love her to pieces. She is my constant racewalking companion, and can keep up with me even when doing a fast 5K. Hopefully it will be benign, and we will have her with us for a few more years (she's only 8 1/2). By the way, this is one of the first pictures I took with my new digital camera. Looking at it, I miss her. She's staying overnight at the vet's tonight and we'll pick her up tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

I am sorry about Copper. Pets are like family. A tumor got my favorite dog growing up. It was the size of a baseball on his pancreas. They had to put him down. It broke our hearts. It sounds like copper has a much better chance though. I will pray for Copper.