Sunday, January 17, 2016

Thursday - Sunday

3 steps forward, 2 steps back, 3 steps forward...at least I'm moving forward.

Thursday's workout, which I expected to be great, was not. I wonder if it was because I was still sore from the ART? I felt OK, but when I started to RW it wasn't good. I stopped every few laps to roll on the ball/foam roller/get the kinks out, but it wasn't really working. After 46 minutes of walking slowly, I gave up. 46:14 for 6630m; that's just under 7 min/km, and with pain level 1-2/10. Bummer.

Friday and Saturday I did the elliptical and just tried not to think about it too much. I will admit to being discouraged.

Today I took advantage of the nice weather - it was 46F this afternoon (7.8C) and it felt so warm in the sun. It was lovely!!! I was glad I hadn't gone in the morning. I took Sugar around Liberty Park and it was awesome. My pain level was 0-1/10, and though I was a bit out of breath (geez, losing fitness...) I felt pretty good. I feel like the technique is starting to gel - the changes I've made are starting to become more natural, slowly. I still have to concentrate, but it's better. I felt good for 4k, then a bit tired for the last 2k, but the pain in the butt wasn't too bad. Whew. These things take a while, and I know that, but it's still hard to get through.

I did 6K in 38:40 for 6:27/km with ave HR 147. I'll take it.

No comments: