Thursday, January 07, 2016

9948.6m indoor track

I drove to the JRP at 6 am this morning to meet Kelly to RW. We couldn't even WALK on the sidewalk because it was covered with a thin film of ice. The asphalt path was a little better but was still very, very slick. Um, nope! Bummer. So we agreed to meet up at the U indoor track at 1pm instead.

That worked out much better. As boring as it can be to do lots of laps, it beats the heck out of the treadmill or trying to walk on ice. I did my glute activation exercises and started walking, and my piriformis was quite tight today. I don't know why it was more bothersome; all I did yesterday was elliptical, but I felt I did a good amount of sitting yesterday, and that was annoying in a painful way, so maybe that was it? I don't know. I do know that a bit of elbow from Kelly was a huge help - stopped for massage at lap 10, lap 20, and at the end (lap 34). OUCH! But the good kind of ouch :).

I did OK. 1:05:07 for 9948.6m = about 1:05:26 for 10k which is 6:32.5/km or thereabouts. I had to sit in lab meeting after and that was a bit painful. Hoping a cross-training day will set it right before I try to do 15K on Saturday.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: