Tuesday, April 07, 2015

good solid 10K

After yesterday's tough 8K fartlek, I thought today might be hard. When I walked up the stairs in our house this morning, my legs ached a bit and I worried more. Turns out that I needn't have, as it went just fine.

The weather cooperated, narrowly - after my walk it got windy, and tomorrow it's going to rain. But for today it was lovely, at 7.2C (45F) with 11kph (~7mph) breeze. Sugar and I enjoyed being outside and seeing the sights; it's not totally pitch black for the whole workout now as the sun is coming up earlier, though I still need my headlamp and reflective vest.

The first 5K whizzed by uneventfully, and of course the second 5K was a bit harder. My legs were a little tired, and by 8km they were definitely heavy and it was hard to keep moving as quickly. I still finished well, though, with a respectable 6:23/km and 1:03:54 with ave HR 149. I was relieved that my legs weren't totally dead after yesterday. Now I get a cross-training day before doing intervals on Thursday.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: