Friday, October 31, 2014

small (I hope) setback

I overdid that spinning class. A lot.

Thursday I went to the track, hoping I could do my workout. Ummmm, no. Just no. I tried to warm up, but my legs were really heavy and my right anterior tibialis was giving me fits (very sore). I did 2km, the first in a very slow 7:13, and the second in about 6:45. Everything felt lousy, so I stopped (wisely), and I took Kelly out for coffee since she had met me at the track at 6:05 am, and it was dark and chilly (low 40s F; maybe 5-6C?).

Today I *should* have cross-trained, but I was so very, very tired, and just couldn't get up early enough to make it work. It's Halloween and I had to get the kids' costumes all fixed up for school, and then I was meeting my dad for breakfast at 7:30am. That left very little time to work out unless I could manage to go from 5:30-6:30am, and though I set my alarm for 5:20am, I wasn't successful in getting out of bed :(. I think it is OK, but I am a bit frustrated/irritated/annoyed with myself. I think it's probably for the best as I am tired and my legs definitely have had some of the weird soreness going on with prolonged sitting today (for example, while eating breakfast with my dad). I generally don't have to sit much at work, so that was fine, but all the same, I'm a bit concerned.

Tomorrow I think I will try to walk and see how I feel. I will play it by ear, and go as far as I am comfortable up to 12K, which is my assigned distance.

No comments: