Wednesday, October 22, 2014

elliptical; 4x1km

Tuesday: elliptical 40 min. Planned to bike to work after that but 1) weather looked iffy (and I'm a fair-weather cyclist!), and 2) legs felt a little tired, so I decided to take the bus.

Wednesday: 4x1km with #2 and #4 @ 85%. Met Kelly at the track at 6:15am; it was pitch dark and 41F (5C), with a little breeze that felt pretty cold every time we came around the first 100m. Sigh...summer is definitely gone and winter is on the way. I asked Kelly, "Why are we here???" because I really wanted to be in bed reading a book all curled up. She said she'd rather be taking a hot shower. We laughed, and started warming up (she was just running while I RW, and not doing intervals, just trying to build her strength). I did a rather sluggish warm-up, but my legs felt OK; just the usual 1600m with 2x100m strides.

The workout: the first km felt not-so-great; I was tired and sluggish. I only managed a 5:45. I felt much smoother on the second one @85%, which was slower at 5:52. The third one felt better than the first one, and I did 5:43. The last one I managed another 5:52. OK, but certainly nothing to write home about.

The good news is that I felt better after working out and getting a cup of coffee :), and had a much better attitude. That counts for something. Also, my legs felt pretty decent the rest of the day and I feel like I could RW tomorrow. I'm not going to, as I have a 5K race on Sunday that I do care about, so I'm going to spin tomorrow and then do 5-6km easy on Friday and a little short workout on Saturday. That's the plan, anyway.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: