Saturday, October 18, 2014

10K

Yup, I did 10K today after my track workout yesterday. And I feel OK! Yes, my legs were a bit sore, but they didn't crap out on me, and I made it feeling fine. I wasn't fast but wasn't exactly slow, either.

Glorious morning here with clear skies, no wind, and temps in upper 40s (46F, 7.8C). Very nice out. I did two 5K out and back segments from Kelly's apartment complex, so that I could do 10K and she could do 5K with me for the second part. That worked out really well, and we found a good way to get to the Jordan River Parkway from her new place. Awesome.

I brought the dog for a little exercise, and I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as I did. Though my legs were a bit tired and I wouldn't have wanted to do a lot more, 10K was just perfect for a morning tune-up. I'm glad the past couple weeks are behind me. Hopefully I can get some rest this weekend and be ready to train harder next week.

Total time: 1:04:23 for 6:26/km with ave HR 145. Happy with that for a nice easy day.

Garmin data here.

No comments: