Thursday, February 27, 2014

10K w/3x3' bursts

My legs were still tired today. None of the weird soreness or anything like that - just a bit tired, probably still from the bicycling on Tuesday. So, my 10K wasn't stellar, but it wasn't terrible either. I just didn't have a lot of pep.

It was warm and windy this morning, at 54F (12C), as a storm is blowing in. It rained a few drops on me, but the bulk of the rain held off until lunchtime today, for which I was grateful.

I was a bit worried about my foot, as it ached a little today, but it never did more than just get a bit achy. I worked hard on my technique, trying to keep things adjusted. I feel like I'm fighting all the little niggles - left foot, right piriformis, right anterior tibialis - and that the technique adjustments are just barely holding things together. Maybe. I'm a bit worried something is going to go off; I feel like things are held together with duct tape and that something could go wrong any minute. Hopefully that's just the out-of-the-routine uncoordinated out-of-practice feeling and it will go away once I have a few more miles under my belt.

Back to the workout. I started off feeling clunky and out-of-sorts. Even when I settled in a bit, I just felt slow and a little tired. My 3 minute bursts were 500m in 3:00, 2:53, then 3:04. The 3:04 shocked me - I thought I'd gone sub-3 for sure… but I was just getting very tired. My HR was a bit low this morning too, partly because I just couldn't get my legs moving very well. Oh well. It's done, and nothing hurts. That's good :). I'm happy I'm racewalking again.

Total time: 1:04:51 for 6:29/km with ave HR 142. Garmin data here.

No comments: