Friday, August 03, 2012

cross-training; weights

Today was a cross-training day. The weather was the coolest it's been in a while for morning - 67F. Too bad I didn't have a walking workout scheduled.

I did 45 min on the elliptical and was hoping to watch the Olympics; however, on the NBC affiliate there was nothing but news :( despite the fact that there were live events available. Very annoying. Fortunately, I did bring a book to read instead.

Then I did some more glute exercises and core exercises and even a few arm exercises. I had woken up a bit early for once and had a bit of extra time to lift. My fingers are not well enough for much more than 10-12 lb dumbbells right now, but that worked out all right. I did triceps skull crushers, bench press machine (that was fine since you don't have to grip too strongly), and lateral raises for arms. For legs, I did step-downs, forward and back lunges, and one-legged getting up from a chair. I did two sets of the arm stuff and three of most of the leg things. I followed all that up with a good set of core exercises with Lisa.

Tomorrow: 32km. Have been very careful about my diet today. Hoping that will work out OK.

No comments: